It’s a subject parents and caregivers understand well—getting kids around is tough, and anything that makes it easier is welcomed.
Until driverless strollers hit the sidewalks, it’s up to parents to find the best baby strollers to transport our little ones efficiently and safely. Strollers were revolutionary when they first appeared in the 1700s, quite literally repurposing the wheel to easily mobilize babies and growing families. These days, contemporary baby strollers aren’t just for getting your kiddos from point A to point B. There is an overwhelming amount of stroller brands and types, as well as tons of factors and features to consider when shopping around. This can make the purchasing decision process daunting for many parents and guardians.
Types of Strollers
|Jogging Strollers||Double Strollers||Umbrella Strollers||Combination Strollers||Travel Systems|
|Jogging strollers are great options for active parents who don’t want to slow down when strolling with baby. Jogging strollers are inline with 3 wheels, and come with a locking swivel front wheel.||Double strollers can seat two children which can be side-by-side or tandem (front/back) (we opted for tandem for our list). Some double strollers come with a standing option for a third, older child.||Umbrella strollers are known for being very lightweight and compact. They pack up slim, just as easily as umbrellas do.||Combination strollers are adjustable depending on the needs of your growing baby. Seats can change directions (front-facing/back-facing). Many are compatible with separately purchased car seats.||Travel systems are comprehensive options that include strollers, car seats, and car seat bases. They are designed to easily move a baby between the stroller and car with fluidity and ease.|
The following criteria were considered in every stroller on our list:
- Safety: We only chose strollers with above average safety features.
- Price: We included strollers across all price points and chose strollers whose price reflected their value.
- Travel: Portability—the ability to easily fold up and transport a stroller—was an important factor in our decision-making.
- Family Size: We reviewed single strollers, multiple-child strollers, and combo strollers.
- Weight & Size: Finding the stroller that’s just the right size for you and baby—or several babies—is possible.
- Baby’s Comfort: We considered seat padding, seat reclining options, leg space, and more.
- Maneuverability: We looked at handles, wheel styles (standard or inline), suspension, braking, etc.—Is the stroller easy to handle? Is your baby in for a smooth ride?
- Accessories: Does the model of stroller come with enough storage or any add-ons? Or are there attachments available for separate purchase that add to the stroller’s overall function?
There is a seemingly endless stream of strollers and reviews, but we’ve done the research, developed a criteria, and curated a list of our top ten favorite baby strollers of 2019 that are great for various family sizes, dynamics, and needs. We compared Amazon reviews, Consumer Reports, and used our own rating system to score the best strollers on the market so you don’t have to.
Best Baby Strollers: Score Sheet
|Strollers||Amazon Score||Consumer Reports||Blueprint Score||Overall Score|
|Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience Stroller||4.4||N/A||4.6||4.5|
|Baby Jogger® City Mini® GT Single Stroller||4.5||4.6||4.5||4.53|
|Baby Jogger 2016 City Select Double Stroller with 2nd Seat||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|Britax B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Elite Travel System Stroller||4.5||4.05||4.5||4.37|
|UPPABaby 2017 VISTA Aluminum Frame Convertible Stroller||4.5||5.0||4.3||4.61|
|Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System||4.5||4.15||4.6||4.42|
|Chicco Cortina CX Travel System||4.5||4.15||4.2||4.34|
|Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand® Ultra Stroller||4.5||3.55||4.5||4.22|
|Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller||4.6||4.25||4.5||4.43|
|phil&teds® Dot Stroller with Double Kit||3.5||4.5||4.5||4.0|
Summer Infant® 3D lite™ Convenience Stroller
For single stroller with several features, storage, and functions, the 3Dlite’s size, weight, and umbrella feature are the whole package.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Umbrella stroller, meaning it folds up as easily—and almost as compact—as an umbrella
- Ultra lightweight aluminum frame, weighing in at just 14 pounds
- Multiple reclining options for baby
- Includes 5-point safety harness, oversized canopy with pull-back, peek-a-boo sun visor, parent and child cup holders, cell phone holder, and large storage pocket
- Large storage compartment underneath child seat
- Easy to assemble, with minimal unrecyclable packaging
- Ergonomic handles are curved and padded for extra comfort
- Single stroller
- Minimum child age is 6 months, and maximum child weight is 50lbs
- Not recommended for infants younger than 6 months, even with an infant insert
Summer Infant does it again with a fantastic upgrade to their classic 3Dlite stroller. The extra storage and parent accessories make this model an absolute winner for parents on the go.
Baby Jogger® City Mini® GT Single Stroller
This incredibly lightweight stroller is perfect for city living, with it’s easy to maneuver handle, lockable swivel front wheel, multiple recline positions, and 1-step fold feature. It can hold up to 50 lbs and includes an adjustable canopy to fit several head sizes (and don’t forget the peekaboo windows).
WHAT WE LOVE
- Easy to assemble, fold, and unfold
- Maneuverability on city streets is great
- Lightweight, easy to carry upstairs when folded
- A bit smaller than an average size single stroller, and
- Leaves more storage space to be desired
- Snack tray and cup holder are sold separately
Great for getting around a crowded city and maneuvers buildings and stairs easily
Baby Jogger 2016 City Select Double Stroller with 2nd Seat
Baby Jogger has another winner with their City Select stroller, taking all the great features of the City Mini Single—lightweight, 1-fold technology, and more—but doubled the seats. This is a tandem double stroller, so you don’t have to worry about taking up an entire city sidewalk (because no one wants to be that person). Each seat can hold a child up to 45 lbs and there are a whopping 16 possible accessory combinations (purchased separately)!
WHAT TO LOVE
- Narrow frame makes navigating cities and running errands with multiple kids a breeze
- Ample storage space
- Compatibility with other products
- Packs up quickly and easily for its size
- Although narrow, the City Select can be a bit long
- Slight learning curve to unpack and collapse
- Fantastic for transporting multiple kids
- The 16 possible combinations with other accessories is impressive
Britax B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Elite Travel System Stroller
The Britax B-Agile & B-Safe 35 Travel System really brings some of the best all-inclusive features while giving you the most bang for your buck. 28 pounds is an extraordinary feat for an entire travel system that includes a stroller, car seat, and car seat base. Britax uses their Click & Go technology to make car-to-stroll transitions a breeze, and have surpassed federal safety guidelines to ensure your baby—from infant to toddler—is safe.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Above-average safety features
- Easy to use and pack up (one-click fold feature), considering it’s a whole travel system
- Plenty of bottom storage
- Great maneuverability
Buyers were turned off by a recall on another 2017 Britax B-Agile stroller model, which Britax offered to repair free of cost.
This was one of our favorites on the entire list. You get plenty of features, functionality, and above-average safety for a reasonable price tag.
UPPABaby VISTA Aluminum Frame Convertible Stroller
If you’ve done even a tiny bit of research, chances are the UPPABaby Vista stroller has popped up. There’s a reason for it, and the praise for the UPPABaby Vista stroller—and it’s accompanying price tag—doesn’t come without merit. Covering all bases and checking all our boxes, the UPPABaby Vista includes a compatible bassinet, additional toddler seat, rain and bug shields, adjustable canopy, leather-lined handlebar, and more. The Vista is compatible with UPPABaby’s MESA car seat (sold separately) and can configure to hold up to three—yes, three—children.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Ability to change the infant and toddler seats to front or back facing
- UPPABaby also includes a lengthy 3-year warranty
- Leather ergonomic handle padding
- Car seat compatible
- Price reflective of luxury brand stroller
- Slightly wider than the UPPABaby Cruz stroller
- Includes bassinet with perforated mattress, and is certified for baby to sleep in all night
- Can transport up to three children
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
Easily one of the biggest names in nursery products, Graco is definitely a trusted industry leader. Their products are consistently great, and the Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System is no exception. This jogger model comes with a click connect car seat that can also be front-facing for infants, a car seat base, locking front swivel wheel, and a reclining seat.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Trust Graco brand products
- Great quality jogging stroller and entire travel system
- Very reasonable price for all its features
- Maneuvers well on several types of terrain
- Is a bit bulkier than most joggers to accommodate its car seat
- Shorter handlers may find it a bit too tall
- Surpasses the basic safety standards
- Air-filled, inflatable wheels, offer great suspension and optimal maneuverability
Chicco Cortina CX Travel System
Another travel system for the books, you can easily move your sleeping baby between the stroller and the included Key Fit car seat with one easy click. The Chicco Cortina seat is extra special, with a fantastic 8 positions and Memory Recline, adjustable handle, baby and parent tray, and ample storage underneath.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Easy pack-up and 2-click car seat transfer
- High marks for safety
- Strong and durable, but easy to maneuver
- Comfortably seats children from infancy to toddler years
- Fully reclining seat
- Larger model stroller, which can be tricky for city or apartment living
- Heavier than the other travel systems on our list
- Car seat bases are purchased separately
We love the Memory Recline feature. The stroller saves your last recline so you don’t have to fuss around with your favorite setting every time you unfold it.
Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand® Ultra Stroller
One kid, two kids, standing kid, sitting kids—the choice is yours! The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra stroller not only comes with various seating or standing options for your kids, but has fantastic storage, snack and drink trays for both baby and parent or guardian, folds up compactly, and can accommodate up to two infant Baby Trend, Graco Snugride Classic Fit, or Britax car seats.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Multiple reclining options
- Compatibility with several brand car seats
- 5—yes, FIVE—total cup holders
- Easy to handle despite its size
- Multiple seat options
- Maneuverability can be a little wanting due to the large footprint of the tires
- The different seating combinations will last your growing family a long time
- It’s adaptable for a wide range of children, from infancy to toddler years
Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller
We wrap up our best strollers list with a stunner—the Thule Urban Glide stroller is the perfect option for the adventurous, outdoorsy family. It’s incredibly lightweight for a jogging stroller, includes a locking swiveling front wheel, adjustable, ergonomic handlebar, and removable wrist strap. You’ll love the one-handed folding system, and feel at peace with Thule’s full rear-suspension system to absorb impact and keep your tot safe and snug.
WHAT TO LOVE
- Great for active parents
- Navigates different terrains and busy cities
- Lightweight jogging stroller with locking swivel front wheel
- Large inflatable tires offer rear suspension, giving baby a smooth ride
Some reviewers have noted that the Thule Urban Glide is narrower than other strollers and joggers, so larger children may grow out of it quickly.
This stroller is sleek, practical, and the price reflects its value.
Honorable Mention: Blueprint Registry Employee Pick
phil&teds® Dot Stroller with Double Kit
“I needed to be able to get the stroller through doorways or to get through a supermarket without knocking anything over. The inline design makes it easy to turn and pop-up on curbs. My kids are preschoolers now and still love sitting in the ‘secret seat’ in back. The ability to lock the front swivel wheel for jogging was icing on the cake.”
– Molly, Director of Business Development
Whether you’re a new parent and don’t know where to begin, or a seasoned veteran parent whose family needs have changed, our comprehensive baby stroller shopping guide will help you figure out exactly what model suits your family best.
Use our best baby strollers guide as a starting point to figure out which stroller type is best for your family. Remember that beyond the strollers, there are tons of accessories and add-ons to customize your stroller as you start to use it. Needs change—and that’s okay!