The New & Improved Gift Tracker!
Among our recent updates is one of our favorites: Our Gift Tracker got a beautiful and functional revamp!
So when the—oft inevitable—time comes to return a gift, knowing where and how to return a gift from a universal registry may require a little extra attention. Does the gift get returned to Blueprint, the gift-giver, or the retailer itself?
We get it. Now that the dust has settled from your event, and the gift-opening excitement has passed, there is still some work to do. Instead of making uncomfortable phone calls to gift-givers and saving yourself an email to customer service, we’ve got everything you need to know about returning gifts purchased through Blueprint handy.
When purchased through Blueprint Registry, all gifts should be returned to directly to the corresponding retailer and must follow the corresponding return policy. This includes gifts added through our Import tool and our ‘Add to Blueprint’ bookmark button.
Tip: You can find your gift order numbers in your Gift Tracker. You can use this order number in place of a gift receipt if you don’t have one.
Gift card and redemption code purchases through Blueprint are refundable within 24 hours of purchase to the original purchaser, just like cash gift refunds. Unfortunately, they are not eligible for exchanges or returns.
Cash gifts can be refunded to the purchaser within 24 hours of the purchase. If you or someone else would like to be refunded for a cash contribution, our fabulous Concierge Team will be happy to help you out! All you have to do is shoot them a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just be sure to include the full name of the registrants and your Blueprint Registry order number.
Below is an overview of return policies for several popular retailers (in alphabetical order), followed by links to their fine print. Return policy terms and contact information is subject to change for each individual retailer, so be sure to visit or call each retailer directly to confirm any questions regarding their return policies.
To make sure the gift return process is as seamless as possible, we’ve put together a list of 5 tips and best practices to help you along the way.
1. Be careful when unwrapping. Items should always be returned unopened and in their original packaging. Try your best to open gifts carefully and don’t throw any important packaging in the trash.
2. Store those receipts! Be sure to hold onto gift receipts and packing slips for as long as possible. You never know when your mind will change about a gift, and you want to make sure you have everything you need to make a return.
3. Don’t wait too long to return. Try your best to make your returns within 30 days of receiving the gift, if not sooner. Most return policies linger around the 30-day threshold, so don’t miss it!
4. Return policies are often non-negotiable. Return policies are not known for their flexibility, so don’t expect to be able to sweet talk your way out of it. Yeah, it’s a bummer.
5. Blueprint Registry can’t change other return policies. Unfortunately, Blueprint cannot adjust or alter an external retailer’s return policy. We’ve gotta follow their rules, too.
Gift returns, and thank you cards, are the final to-dos after the long process of event planning and the big event. Go into gift-opening with a little know-how and follow our tips, and you’re sure to get through any returns in a breeze.
Universal registries like Blueprint help you avoid duplicate gifts—and thus returns—by having all your registries all in one place. Are you ready to get started?