2. What We Collect and How We Use It
The information we collect about you varies, depending on the way you use our Site. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below:
Information You Provide to Us
We may also collect or create anonymized information, which is information that has been stripped of information that traditionally permits identification of specific individuals, such as names and full dates of birth, and/or that has been aggregated in a manner so that you and other Users are not personally identified. Non-personal information may also include data that is aggregated or otherwise de-identified from person information that we have collected from you.
Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Site
When you visit our Site, we may also collect information from or about you that does not personally identify you. This non-personal information may include demographic data, age group, geographic area, and/or gender. This also includes computer-generated data that we automatically collect, such as the website from which you have come to our Site, your computer type, screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser, as well as information based on your interaction with the Site, such as web log information, page views, and IP addresses on an anonymized basis.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in various ways to operate our business and to provide you products and services from our site. For example, the ways we use your information include:
- We use your IP address, your device type, your website interactions, and other non-personal information to deliver the Site and our services to you and to help diagnose problems with our servers. This technology helps us to, for example, compile aggregated statistics about our users and their use of the Site. We use these statistics to improve the design and content of the Site, to prepare and deliver our marketing programs, and for research and other purposes.
We or one of our trusted services providers, on our behalf, may use the information that you share with us to:
- Identify and authenticate your account when you log in to the Site;
- Provide the products and services you have requested;
- Recommend our products and services and those of our promotional partners that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and display content and product advertising to match your interests and history with us;
- Solicit your feedback and respond to your questions and concerns;
- Improve the Site and the products and services we offer;
- Notify you about your use of our services and the Site;
- Manage and improve the Site and how we provide products and services to you.
Further, we may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
3. Information We Disclose to Third Parties
Blueprint will not sell, rent or share your personal information with any third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies, such as our parent, subsidiaries or other companies controlling, controlled by or under common control with us who may use your personal information for the purposes described above or consistent with their enumerated privacy policies.
- Trusted service providers that are integral in managing and operating the Site, provide services to you, including payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, and technical assistance, and that are bound by law or contract to protect your personal information.
- Our formalwear partners including David’s Bridal, LLC, Men`s Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, and Moore’s Clothing for Men, for direct marketing purposes. We require all third parties with whom we share information (including personal information) that we collect to handle that information in accordance with applicable law. However, these third parties may also have additional or different privacy practices that you may find on their respective websites. You may also go to their websites to find out more about technology they use to collect information while providing us with services.
- Third party retail partners that may offer products and services we think may be of interest to you, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Any other third party to whom you have provided your consent.
- Third party advertising partners and networks who may display or serve advertisements on our behalf on our Site or elsewhere on the Internet. These third parties may set their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your activities on our Site and across different websites and applications in order to make our ads more relevant to you.
- Social networking services, such as Facebook, that may display and share your Facebook information in accordance with applicable law and their own terms of service and/or privacy policies.
- Other users you, in your sole discretion, give permission to view and edit personal information about you. For example, you may choose to invite family members to assist you with your wedding registry or purchase gifts for someone else on your behalf.
- Effect a merger or acquisition or to support the sale or transfer of our business assets. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Enforce our rights or protect our property; protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
We may also disclose information about member visitors’ Site usage and demographics to third parties on an aggregate basis. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Blueprint enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or if determined by Blueprint in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Blueprint or any other person or entity.
Whenever you interact with our Site, we may receive and record information from your browser including your IP address, access times/dates, type of operating system, type of web browser, "cookie" information, and the pages and searches you request, among other things. Cookies are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and track statistical information about navigation to, and throughout, certain areas of our Site, and navigation to Blueprint third party web sites. We use this information to improve your registry experience, improve administration and review Site content.
We may use common Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Site visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
5. External Websites
6. Security Measures
Blueprint has implemented security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. In the event we request or transmit sensitive information, such as credit card information, we use industry standard, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from users in this age group. All users must be at least 18 years of age in order to use and provide information to the Site. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
8. Opt-Out Right
You may opt not to disclose personally identifiable information, except as necessary for Blueprint toprovide the services, information, or products requested by you, by contacting Blueprint via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Privacy Opt-Out" and your request in the body of your email. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly. Please note that after your deletion of such information from your account, some information may remain in our private records. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
You may also opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Ditigial Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.optout.networkadvertising.org (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean that you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing.
Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above-links.
9. Access and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Through your "Your Account" and "Profile Info" page you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete certain information that you have provided to us. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Site changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Residents please follow the hyperlink above for information on your specific privacy rights.
11. Rights of Third Parties
12. Visiting From Outside the United States/Children’s Privacy
A note to residents of the European Union:
Blueprint Registry, LLC is located in the United States and makes the Service publicly available from the United States. Any information that you provide to us will be transferred out of your country of residence to the United States.
Blueprint Registry, LLC does not fulfill product orders from outside the United States through the Service or by telephone.
Any personal information you provide us is controlled and processed by Blueprint Registry, LLC, 1001 Washington Street, Conshohocken, PA19428, or its suppliers.
A note to residents of Canada:
When you visit the Site from Canada and provide personal information, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. When you provide us with information about your groom or bridal party, we expect you have obtained consent from them to do so and that they understand their information will be treated in accordance with this policy and may be shared with Moore’s, The Suit People, Inc. d/b/a Moore’s Clothing for Men. Do not provide personal information to us about your groom or bridal party if you do not have their consent. You understand that by providing information about your groom or bridal party, you are representing that you have a personal or family relationship with them, and that you are requesting they be sent information, as set out above, on your behalf. This information may identify that you had requested it be sent. As explained above, because Blueprint Registry operates in the United States, any information provided through the Site will be processed in the United States, where privacy laws may offer different levels of protection from those in Canada and personal information may be subject to access by and disclosure to law enforcement agencies in the United States.
Blueprint Registry provides you with the ability to access and review your personal information held by us and will endeavor to provide the information in question within a reasonable time following your written request, but no later than 30 days following your written request. We will provide information from our records in a form that is easy to understand. We may charge a reasonable cost (e.g. photocopying, mail charges) when a request is made. Blueprint Registry may refuse to provide access to personal information where the information requested:
- Would disclose (i) personal information of another individual or a deceased individual; or (ii) trade secrets or other confidential business information that may harm Blueprint Registry or the competitive position of a third party or interfere with contractual or other negotiations of Blueprint Registry or a third party or result in a significant financial loss or gain to Blueprint Registry or a third party;
- Is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing would be disproportionate to the nature or value of the information;
- Is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege;
- Does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found by Blueprint Registry;
- Could reasonably result in serious harm to the treatment or recovery of the individual concerned or another individual, serious emotional harm to the individual or another individual or serious bodily harm to the individual or another individual;
- May harm or interfere with law enforcement activities and other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by law to perform such functions, or;
- Any other grounds under applicable legislation.
Where information will not or cannot be disclosed, the individual making the request will be provided with the reasons for non-disclosure.
Blueprint Registry will not respond to repetitive or vexatious requests for access. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, Blueprint Registry may require sufficient information to allow it to confirm the identity of the person making the request before granting access. Requests for access should be submitted to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Blueprint Registry, LLC, 1001 Washington Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428 and Attn: Privacy Officer.
A special note concerning children's privacy:
The safety of children is very important to us. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personal information through the Service or otherwise, we ask that a parent or guardian send us an e-mail at email@example.com , or write to us at Blueprint Registry, LLC, 1001 Washington Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428, Attn: Privacy Officer, and we will delete the information about the child from our files. Please refer to Children's Privacy in your subject line. Deletion requests from our Canadian customers should be submitted to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Blueprint Registry, LLC, 1001 Washington Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428, U.S.A., and Attn: Customer Service/Privacy.
If you have any further questions about privacy or security, please contact us by sending an email at email@example.com .
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
© Blueprint Registry, LLC. All Rights Reserved.