2. What We Collect and How We Use It
We or one of our trusted services providers, on our behalf, may use the information that you share with us to:
- Identify and authenticate your account when you log in to the Site;
- Provide the products and services you have requested;
- Recommend our products and services and those of our promotional partners that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and display content and product advertising to match your interests and history with us;
- Solicit your feedback and respond to your questions and concerns;
- Improve the Site and the products and services we offer;
- Notify you about your use of our services and the Site; and
- Manage and improve the Site and how we provide products and services to you.
Further, we may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
3. Information We Disclose to Third Parties
Blueprint will not sell, rent or share your personal information with any third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies, such as subsidiaries or other companies under common control with us who may only use your personal information for the purposes described above.
- Trusted service providers that are integral in managing and operating the Site, provide services to you, including payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, and technical assistance, and that are bound by law or contract to protect your personal information.
- Third party retail partners that may offer products and services we think may be of interest to you, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Any other third party to whom you have provided your consent.
- Third party advertising partners and networks who may display or serve advertisements on our behalf on our Site or elsewhere on the Internet. These third parties may set their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your activities on our Site and across different websites and applications in order to make our ads more relevant to you.
- Social networking services, such as Facebook, that may display and share your Facebook information in accordance with applicable law and their own terms of service and/or privacy policies.
- Other users you, in your sole discretion, give permission to view and edit personal information about you. For example, you may choose to invite family members to assist you with your wedding registry or purchase gifts for someone else on your behalf.
- Enforce our rights or protect our property; protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
We may also disclose information about member visitors’ Site usage and demographics to third parties on an aggregate basis. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Blueprint enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or if determined by Blueprint in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Blueprint or any other person or entity.
4. Cookies and Other Internet Technologies
Whenever you interact with our Site, we may receive and record information from your browser including your IP address, access times/dates, type of operating system, type of web browser, “cookie” information, and the pages and searches you request, among other things. Cookies are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and track statistical information about navigation to, and throughout, certain areas of our Site, and navigation to Blueprint third party web sites. We use this information to improve your registry experience, improve administration and review Site content.
We may use common Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Site visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
5. External Websites
6. Security Measures
Blueprint has implemented security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. In the event we request or transmit sensitive information, such as credit card information, we use industry standard, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from users in this age group. All users must be at least 18 years of age in order to use and provide information to the Site. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Opt-Out Right
You may opt not to disclose personally identifiable information, except as necessary for Blueprint to provide the services, information, or products requested by you, by contacting Blueprint via e-mail at email@example.com with the subject line "Privacy Opt-Out" and your request in the body of your email. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly. Please note that after your deletion of such information from your account, some information may remain in our private records. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
9. Access and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Through your “Your Account” and “Profile Info” page you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete certain information that you have provided to us. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Site changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents have the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. This information includes a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com with the subject line "California Privacy" and your request in the body of your email.
11. Rights of Third Parties
12. Visiting From Outside the United States
If you have any further questions about privacy or security, please contact us by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: August 31, 2016